Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gallery

As the grandchildren have grown in numbers, I have found the space on top of a bookcase in the "grandma room" where I keep framed pictures of all the "granchies" is gone, baby, gone.  So, I thought and I thought and then I thought some more, and here's what I came up with....


For those of you who have been in the grandma room, you will recognize this wall as the hand print wall.
Above the hand prints I installed 4 "grundtal" magnetic knife racks from IKEA.  They're actually meant to be used in the kitchen.  But, since I never do anything like a normal person, I used them as picture holders.  I bought el cheapo frames (about a buck a piece) and glued metal washers on the back.  This way, I can change pictures as often as my mood changes, and I can rearrange them or hang them crooked or upside down or whatever.  I like it.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Looks good!!!!

Heidi said...

A very very clever idea! I can't wait to see them up close! Those are some priceless photos. A perfect addition to the handprint wall! I love it.